Ezequiel Barco denied Argentina U-20 call up
One of the most prestigious youth national team tournaments will get started in a few weeks, but one Atlanta United player will not be joining his teammates. According to Buenos Aires-based writer Peter Coates, Barco was requested to join the Argentina U-20s for the LâAlcudia Tournament in Spain but it was denied.
The tournament, also called COTIF, will take place from July 28 - August 8, dates that fall outside of an official FIFA window. With club teams under no obligation to release players and the MLS season in full swing, it seems like Barco will not be goi ng anywhere for now.
While Barco is still adjusting to MLS, if there was any doubt about his potential or talent, being included in the Argentinian U-20 side should help put some of that to rest. Barco has already received 8 caps for the Argentinian U-20s, and his move to Atlanta has not seemed to affect his status in the national program. Missing the tournament will also allow Barco to feature for the MLS All-Stars as they prepare to host Emre Can and Juventus on August 1st.
More From Dirty South Soccer
- ATLUTD vs. SEA: Match Thread, TV Guide, Live Updates
- NC Courage 4 - 0 Sky Blue FC: Match recap
- Predicting Atlanta Unitedâs starting lineup vs. Seattle Sounders
- Brad Guzan, Jeff Larentowicz give their World Cup picks
- Three Questions: Atlanta United vs. Seattle Sounders
- Match preview: NC Courage at Sky Blue