UFC set for Argentina debut in Buenos Aires on Nov. 17
The Octagon will land in Argentina in 2018.
UFC recently announced earlier this month that a South America card was scheduled for Nov. 17, and MMA Fighting confirmed on Tuesday that the Fight Night event will take place at the 9,000-seat Luna Park arena in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The promotion currently has two cards scheduled for the South America continent. On Sept. 22, a Fight Night event will take place at the Ibirapuera gymnasium in Sao Paulo, Bra zil. The UFC has yet to announce which fighters will headline the card.
Argentinaâs most popular fighter Santiago Ponzinibbio, born in Buenos Aires, was expected to headline UFC Chile on May 12 against Kamaru Usman, but pulled out of the match with a broken hand. The company has yet to book his next fight, but it would make sense to have him featured in the Buenos Aires event.
Latest From Our Partners
- Biggest Disappointments in UFC History
- Biggest Busts in UFC History
- Dirtiest Moments in MMA History
- Best Fighters in Womenâs MMA History
- Top 10 Greatest Title Reigns in UFC History
- UFC Fighters Who Would Make Great WWE Stars
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Khabib Nurmagomedov The Eagle Shirt
- UFC Team Conor McGregor Shirt
- UFC Team Khabib Bear Shirt
- UFC Essential Pullover Hoodie
- Roots of Fight Iron Mike Tyson Brownsville Shirt
- Rose Namajunas Thug Rose Fists Shirt
- UFC Legacy Series Francis Ngannou Walkout Jersey
More From MMA Fighting
- Mark Huntâs lawyer considering amending lawsuit against UFC in wake of Brock Lesnarâs return
- Video: Price scores unreal, must-see KO of Brown from bottom position at UFC Boise
- Khabib Nurmagomedov explains why he wasnât interested in Conor McGregor confrontation at World Cup final
- Stipe Miocic: Brock Lesnarâs âdisrespectfulâ appearance at UFC 226 was a âsh*t showâ
- Morning Report: McGregor and Nurmagomedov attend World Cup Final in Moscow
- Dominick Cruz: Daniel Cormier set up a âtrapâ to knock out Stipe Miocic at UFC 226